A mentor necessarily falls in love with his students, he relishes the changes that he he sees in his mentee everyday, overtime, every situation, He relishes chiselling his mentee in a manner best suited to his talent, A teacher teaches a subject, he helps develop in his pupil some concepts but necessarily not diluting his values. Its always value loaded. a coach simplifies a subject suited to a large number of students for commercial gains. He is not concerned about the developments in his pupil and the way he is shaping, and doesn’t give values at all. he has to be popular unlike a mentor who has to be respectable, a trainer can be anyone of old or young age who holds your hand to train one specific skill.
A teacher takes responsibility for your growth.
- A MENTOR (Guru) makes you responsible for your growth, he empowers to you to grow
A teacher is a guide.
- A MENTOR (Guru) is a reformer, with a rebellious streak.
A teacher asks the fish to live in water and how to live in water.
- A MENTOR (Guru) asks to swim in water like a fish (only dead fishes swim with water)
A teacher belongs to this world
- A MENTOR (Guru) belongs to this and all the worlds
A teacher gives you things you do not have and require.
- A MENTOR (Guru) takes away things you have and do not require.
A teacher answers your questions, removes your doubts
- A MENTOR (Guru) questions your answers, creates doubts, doubles it and then helps you to solve it.
A teacher helps you get out of the maze.
- A MENTOR (Guru) destroys the maze.
A teacher requires obedience and discipline from the pupil.
- A MENTOR (Guru) requires trust and humility from the pupil.
A teacher clothes you and prepares you for the outer journey.
- A MENTOR (Guru) strips you naked and prepares you for the inner journey.
A teacher is a guide on the path.
- A MENTOR (Guru) is a pointer to the way.
A teacher sends you on the road to success.
- A MENTOR (Guru) sends you on the road to freedom, a true nirvana.
A teacher looks at your talent
- A MENTOR (Guru) helps you to identify your own talent.
A teacher explains the world and its nature to you.
- A MENTOR (Guru) explains yourself and your nature to you.
A teacher teaches you to adjust to your immediate environment
- A MENTOR (Guru) guides to mould the immediate environment around you for the betterment of mankind.
A teacher makes you understand where to move about in the world.
- A MENTOR (Guru) shows you where you stand in relation to the world, and how to move about in the world
A teacher gives you knowledge and boosts your ego.
- A MENTOR (Guru) takes away your knowledge and punctures your ego.
A teacher instructs you.
- A MENTOR (Guru) constructs you.
A teacher sharpens your mind.
- A MENTOR (Guru) opens your mind.
A teacher shows you the way to prosperity.
- A (Guru) shows you the way to posterity.
A teacher reaches your mind.
- A MENTOR (Guru) touches your spirit.
A teacher gives you knowledge.
- A MENTOR (Guru) makes you wise.
A teacher gives you maturity.
- A MENTOR (Guru) returns you to innocence, he brings you back to curiousity
A teacher instructs you on how to solve problems.
- A MENTOR (Guru) shows you how to resolve issues.
A teacher is a systematic thinker.
- A MENTOR (Guru) is a lateral thinker.
A teacher will punish you with a stick.
- A MENTOR (Guru) will punish you with compassion.
A teacher is to pupil what a father is to son.
- A MENTOR (Guru) is to pupil what mother is to her child.
One can always find a teacher.
- But a MENTOR (Guru) has to find and accept you.
A teacher leads you by the hand.
- A MENTOR (Guru) leads you by example.
When a teacher finishes with you, you celebrate.
- When a MENTOR (Guru) finishes with you, life celebrates.
When the course is over you are thankful to the teacher.
- When the discourse is over you are grateful to the MENTOR (Guru)